Sunday, June 14, 2015

South of the Border

Austin, Joe and I bought our Virginia fishing licenses and loaded up for a float trip from Narrows to Glenn Lynn, VA.  It was a real easy float with little to no rapids.  I was able to leave my kayak seat in the high position the entire trip without fear of tipping over in fast water.  I caught a couple on spinners but it seemed that the way to catch them on that day was to slow fish the bottom of the river with jigs.  I used a crawl-fish colored G-Tail most of the time.  Joe had the most success of anyone landing 19 bass by bouncing tubes off the fiver bottom.  Austin caught 10 and I ended up catching 11 including my second musky in as many weeks.  This time we were able to get a picture.  It measured 20 inches.  Not a monster, but still an apex predator that's always a thrill to catch.



No comments: