Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bella Goes Fishing

None Shall Pass!


















I've got one!
See what I caught
Look what I found
I had been promising to take Bella to the Lake for awhile now.  I got her her very own fishing rod a couple of months ago, as well as, a pink tackle box that she has been dying to try out.  I loaded up the boat with some snacks and drinks and we made our way to the lake.  There wasn't a lot of boat traffic and conditions were quite nice.  I drove us up the Bluestone River and anchored up next to shore.  I have found that the "Gulp Alive!" maggot imitations work nearly as well as live worms, but with less mess and greater durability.  It took a little bit, but it wasn't long before we started getting bites.  Bella became a little frustrated at first as it is going to take some time for her the master the concept of setting the hook, but she has gotten quite good at casting. At this point she insisted that I "get the fish on the hook" so that she could fight it.  We caught several this way, and while she lost interest fairly quickly waiting for a bite she was always more than eager to drop whatever had distracted her attention and reel the fish in.  After about an hour of this Bella insisted that we go to "our" campsite.  She seemed to enjoy the boat ride about as much as anything.  I tied the boat up at campsite 18, as no one was using it, and turned Bella loose to gather shells, throw rocks and pick flowers.  I fished a little bit off the docks and she always came running when I had a fish on for the opportunity to reel it in.  I'll take her back again soon and we've already begun planning a camping trip later in the summer.
Look at me!

No comments: